I’ve been thinking about and collecting interior design ideas for a while now. My favorite room to plan has been Sophie and Ellie’s space. Since Sophie has quite the artistic eye herself, she and I have discussed color palettes and various features in their future room.
These are a few inspiration rooms. The general color palette will be white, yellow, and coral, which should hopefully make the space feel vibrant and energetic. Generally speaking, I’m envisioning two twin upholstered beds (we may try to make these DIY headboards) with neutral bedding, a shared table in between for books, plus a white dresser. In addition to a few simple art pieces, I’d like to have a gallery wall with the girls’ artwork.
Okay, so here are the main items I’ve collected. I may not get these exact items, but they are what I’m envisioning nonetheless.
- Upholstered headboards/beds in neutral linen. Like I said, I’d love to make these myself if I had the tools to do it.
- I really like the gourd lamp style. This one is from Lamps Plus.
- A paper pennant lamp. This one is from Serena & Lily, but I’ve seen similar ones from IKEA and The Land of Nod.
- I love the colors in this sweet patchwork pillow sham from The Land of Nod.
- These tassel drapes are also from Serena & Lily but I would make my own. Depending on the window situation, I would also consider neutral Roman shades with yellow accents.
- A vibrant coral rug from The Land of Nod.
- I saw these sweet wood prints a few years ago and have kept an eye on them every since, from Petite Collage.
- I’m not totally certain what size dresser I’d get, but this one from IKEA is the general idea. I’d replace the knobs with fun ones from World Market or Anthropologie.